Tools Plus Return Policy
Effective Date: 1/9/2023
Return Process (Standard)
90-Day Hassle-Free Return Policy
Delivering a customer-friendly experience is our top priority at Tools Plus. That's why Tools Plus offers free returns and we make it easy with a 90-day return window.
That means you can return any new or unused product(s) for any reason at no charge.* Just call us at 800-222-6133 to get your return authorization number. Tools Plus will credit you or provide an exchange for any item returned unused in original carton for any reason within 90 days of original purchase. Please note: Items must be in resalable condition, in the original carton, unused.
As a bonus, Tools Plus honors all power tool company satisfaction guarantees! If a manufacturer's satisfaction guarantee for the power tool you purchased is longer than 90 days, we will match it! Please read your owner's manual for details.*
Ship your return to:
Attn: Returns Department
60 Scott Road
Prospect, CT 06712
*Please see list of items not eligible for return below.
If you receive an item that is defective, please contact our Customer Service Department at (800) 222-6133 within 30 days of delivery. Tools Plus will issue you a Return Authorization # that must be included on the returned package. Once Tools Plus receives the defective item (s), we will ship you a replacement product or issue you a full credit or refund for your purchase* (whichever you decide).
We take care to assure your order arrives in excellent condition. If your purchase arrives with any damage, please call our Customer Service Department at (800) 222-6133 within 48 hours of delivery. Do not discard the damaged item and damaged packaging. Also, we do require photo (s) of the damaged product and packaging. Please email those photos to email@example.com and include your original order number. If you fail to report damages in this time frame, we won’t be able to file a claim with the carrier which means we can’t accept responsibility for the damages. Tools Plus will exchange the defective product or issue you a full credit or refund upon return (whichever you decide).
Incorrect Shipping Information
If a package is returned to Tools Plus due to an incorrect shipping address provided by a customer, the customer will be responsible for any additional shipping costs or the return shipping cost as well as the redelivery cost. Tools Plus is not responsible for packages delivered incorrectly due to incorrect shipping information. If the item qualified for our "Free Shipping" promotion, it will not be valid due to the error on the customer's part, and the customer will be charged for all actual shipping costs.
JPW Industries (Jet, Powermatic, Wilton): Because of the cost involved in transporting many of these items, returns will only be approved for return after you contact the manufacturer directly and speak with their technical support department. If they are able to resolve the issue or have replacement parts sent, they will do so and they will not approve the item for return. If the item is deemed to be defective and not repairable, JPW Industries will work with us to arrange the return of the defective item. JPW Industries can be reached at 800-274-6848.
Returns / Damaged items: If you need to return an item which was purchased from us and was shipped directly from the manufacturer, please give us a call. We will find out if we can accept the item from you or if the item needs to be returned directly to the manufacturer. In most cases, the manufacturer charges a restocking fee. This fee will vary depending on the manufacturer. You will also be responsible for the return shipping charges unless the return is due to an error on the part of Tools Plus or the manufacturer. If a drop-shipped item arrives damaged, do not sign for it. Please call us immediately with the deliverer present and we will assist. The restocking fee will not apply if it can be proven that the item was damaged before it reached you.
Cancellations: Requests for cancellations on orders placed through Tools Plus, that contain items that were shipped directly from the manufacturer ( factory shipped ) are subject to a 25% restocking fee and all return shipping is the customer’s responsibility - this includes shipped items that are refused at the shipping destination.
Lost packages are usually located by the carrier and delivered. To avoid duplicate shipments, replacements will be sent after the claims process is complete. Although we are unable to expedite replacements, please be assured that Tools Plus will work diligently with the carrier to resolve these matters in the most efficient way possible.
Delivered But Not Received
Sometimes the carrier will mark an item “Delivered” but you may not have received it. This is a very rare situation, but it can happen. In this situation, please contact the carrier to report the issue. For USPS: Please contact your local Post Office. Tell them that your item shows delivery, but you haven’t received it. Tell them you’d like to open a claim or investigation into the package. When these steps are taken the package is typically located and delivered.
Items Not Eligible For Return
- Gas Powered Equipment (including, but not limited to: Generators, Pressure Washers, Air Compressors, Cut-Off Saws, Chainsaws, Leaf Blowers and String Trimmers)
- Electrical Replacement Parts (e.g. switches, fields, armatures) from any brand cannot be returned, even if defective due to manufacturer return policies
- Used Consumables/Accessories (Sandpaper, Saw Blades, Router Bits, Screws, Drill Bits, etc)
- Gas Powered Equipment cannot be returned once it has been gassed or oiled. It needs to be taken to an authorized service center for any repair or technical assistance which may be covered under warranty.
Exception may be made on the following (Please call us at 800-222-6133 for more details)
- Milwaukee M18 Cordless Sprayers and Sprayer Tanks
- Milwaukee M18 FUEL Cordless Lawn Mowers
- Milwaukee M12 & M18 Force Logic Cordless Tools
- Milwaukee M12 & M18 Cordless Press Tools
- Milwaukee M12 & M18 Drain Cleaning Cordless Tools
- Milwaukee M12 Thermal Imager & Infrared Camera
- Milwaukee M12 Power Port
- Milwaukee Vacuum Cleaners
- Milwaukee Panel Saws
- Milwaukee Breaker/Demo Hammers
- Milwaukee Diamond Drilling Equipment
- Milwaukee Magnetic Drill Stands
- Milwaukee Drill Motor
- Milwaukee Hand Tools (except Laser Products)
- Milwaukee Personal Lighting
- Select Milwaukee Flashlights: 2110-21, 2111-21 and 2112-21
- Milwaukee Non-Heated Gear
- Milwaukee Paint Sprayers
- Milwaukee Hoists & Trolleys
- Cast Iron Equipment (including, but not limited to: Table Saws, Shapers, Lathes, Jointers, Planers, Drum Sanders and Dust Collectors)
Refunds issued on returns will be in the same form that was used for the original payment. Please allow up to 15 business days for your refund to be issued once return is received. Any credit is towards future purchases from Tools Plus.
Tools Plus reserves the right to either deny a refund/exchange or to charge a 25% fee for returned items (not damaged or defective) that:
- Appear used or damaged
- Have been engraved or personalized in any way by the customer
- Were returned more than 90 days after original purchase
- Are on closeout
- Were special-ordered for the customer
- Were sold as reconditioned items
- Have cut or damaged packaging
- The customer ordered wrong voltage or phase
If an item is returned incomplete, Tools Plus reserves the right to deduct the price of the missing items from your credit or refund.
We are not responsible for manufacturer changes in product or specifications.