The Makita 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit (model RT0701CX3) delivers performance, versatility and precision in a compact size. With a full 1-1/4 maximum horsepower and three bases included in the kit, the RT0701CX3 is engineered for a full range of precision routing applications.
The RT0701CX3 has a powerful 1-1/4 HP (maximum horsepower) motor with a variable speed control dial (10,000-30,000 RPM) that enables the user to match the speed to the application. Additional performance features include electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load, and soft start feature for smooth start-ups. The RT0701CX3 is double-insulated with a heavy-duty aluminum motor housing for increased durability.
The RT0701CX3 is engineered for precision and includes a smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system and easy-to-read depth scales for more precise settings. The quick release cam lock system is designed for easy depth adjustments and base removal/installation, with a high-visibility base design for improved handling and performance.
Additional features include a slim and ergonomic design that weighs only 3.9 lbs., with a durable flat top design for added convenience when changing bits. The base can be removed quickly to install other bases, and the shaft lock is engineered for quick and easy bit changes (uses 1/4" shank router bits).
The kit includes three bases needed for a range of routing applications. The plunge base has a full 0" - 1-3/8" plunge capacity while the tilt base is for routing at different angles (-30deg. to 45deg.) and the offset base allows for routing in hard-to-reach areas and as close as 3/4" to a wall. The router accepts industry standard template guides for added versatility.
Makita RT0701CX3 Features:
- 1-1/4 HP motor means you can take on the toughest projects with confidence
- Variable speed control dial lets you match the speed to the application, a crucial feature for quality results
- Rack and pinion depth adjustments are precise and smooth
- Ergonomically designed housing means you can use the router all day with less fatigue
- Quick release cam-lock system allows for quick and easy base changes and depth-adjustments
- Soft start features for smooth start-ups to help reduce marring of the work piece
- High visibility base allows you to monitor the position of the tool more accurately
- Durable aluminum motor housing provides years reliable performance