The Makita 8-1/2" Slide Compound Miter Saw (model LS0815F) combines a compact and lightweight design with a powerful direct-drive motor. Portable and powerful, the LS0815F is an ideal cutting solution for applications ranging from woodworking and carpentry to room-to-room applications like finish, trim, and flooring installation.
The LS0815F is powered by a direct drive 10.5 AMP motor with soft start. This is a key point of difference, as users will experience smoother start-ups and constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience.
The linear ball bearing system is engineered to delivery smooth, "dead-on" accurate cuts. At 90deg. the LS0815F has 12" crosscutting capacity, with 8-1/2" capacity at 45deg. (miter). The saw miters 0deg. to 50deg. left and 0 to 60deg. right, with positive stops at 0deg., 15deg., 22.5deg., 31.6deg., 45deg., and 50deg. (left and right), and an additional stop at 60deg. (right). The dual rear handle bevel lock is easily accessible and adjusts 0deg.- 48deg. (left) and 0deg.- 5deg. (right) with positive stops at 0deg. and 45deg. (left).
The LS0815F weighs only 31.1 lbs. for increased portability. Additional features include a see-through blade guard system for greater visibility of the blade and line-of-cut. The ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design has a better fit and added comfort, and the large trigger switch is designed for easier operation. The LS0815F also includes an L.E.D. light that illuminates the line-of-cut.
The LS0815F is part of Makita's expanding line-up of best-in-class miter saws that deliver capacity, accuracy, and portability for a range of cutting applications. It is ideal for baseboard and crown molding installation, finish carpentry, cabinet and furniture making, wood floor installation, deck building, general construction, and more.
Makita LS0815F Features:
- Powerful 10.5 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance and delivers 5,000 RPM
- Miters 0deg.- 50deg. left and 0deg.- 60deg. right, with positive stops at 0deg., 15deg., 22.5deg., 31.6deg., 45deg. and 50deg. (left and right) plus 60deg. (right)
- Compact and lightweight (31.1 lbs.) for job site portability
- Cuts up to 12" at 90deg. and 8-1/2" at 45deg.
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Dual rear handle bevel lock is easily accessible and adjusts 0deg.- 48deg. (left) and 0deg.- 5deg. (right) with positive stops at 0deg. and 45deg. (left)
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the line of cut for increased accuracy