DeWalt DWHT16065 Side Strike Chisel
Plus Points Program
Plus Points Program
Shop | Earn | Redeem
- Redeem Plus Points for free merchandise and/or cart reductions
- Earn 1 Plus Point for every $1 spent after you join
- Earn even more when you qualify for higher reward tiers
- Be eligible for special 2x and 3x Plus Point offers
Best of all. It's free to join!
Create an account and start earning
Please Note: Customers who purchase without creating an account and being logged in at the time of purchase will not earn Plus Points and Plus Points will not be awarded retroactively.
DeWalt DWHT16065 Side Strike Chisel is rated out of 5 by 6.
DeWalt's DWHT16065 is an excellent chisel that serves two functions. On top of its standard chisel duties, its serrated (side) cutting edge allows it to be used as a scraper as well. If you don't like your hands hurting, you'll be glad to know this side strike chisel's curved bi-metal handle is both sturdy and comfortable. Speaking of handle, strike as hard as you want without fear of repercussions, thanks to the hardened strike cap. Like all DeWalt tools, the DWHT16065 is Guaranteed Tough.
DeWalt DWHT16065 Features:
- Serrated (side) cutting edge allows the chisel to double as a scraper
- Hardened strike cap will stand up to hammer strike after hammer strike
- Curved bi-metal handle allows for comfortable operation
- Hardened, tempered chrome steel blade retains its edge longer than standard chisels
- Excellent for demolition work
- DeWalt Industrial Hand tools come with a limited lifetime warranty
- 1x DeWalt DWHT16065 Side Strike Chisel
- Handle Length (in): 5.2
- UPC: 076174160659
- Handle Material: Plastic
- Handle Type: Bi-Material
- Blade Length (in): 7.0
- Sharpenable: Yes
- Head Material: Steel
- Blade Width (in): 1.0
- Blade Material: Steel
- Global Trade Number (GTIN): 00076174160659
- Skewed: No
- Strikable: Yes
- Strike Plate Material: Hardened, Tempered Carbon Chrome Steel
- Hollowed Back: No
- Bevel Angle (Deg): 0
- Chisel Purpose: Fine Woodworking
- Chisel Tip Style: Cutting edge on side of blade for demolition work, also allows the chisel to double as a scraper
- Number Of Tools Included:
- Product Type: Chisel
- Manufacturer Warranty: Limited Lifetime
This product may or may not cause Cancer and Reproductive Harm. www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Rated 5 out of 5 by HandyandHandsome from A must have part of my collection This chisel has proven to be extremely useful and the side strike has saved me in a few tight spots recently!
Date published: 2021-04-08
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Horrible Bought this one because I couldn't find the Irwin side strike chisels anymore anyplace. I'm a huge Dewalt fan and have many, many of their tools but this was a huge disappointment. First time I used it to demo a wall the front edge broke off almost immediately on a small paneling nail. The piece was to big that chipped off I wasn't able to even grind it down to re sharpen. I'm so bummed now and wish I'd bought all the Irwin side strikes when I had the chance at the store.
Date published: 2020-10-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by Eugen from Dangerous! Side edge is a serious hazard, be careful! Top and bottom surfaces are not parallel so it will not fit any sharpening jig.
Date published: 2020-02-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sea Bass from Real handy [This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I used this style chisel working in boat shops for years. Wouldn't be my go to for fine work, you can really abuse this thing though! Kept an edge pretty well and I found the side blade useful for cutting open bucket lids. The opposing side has a nice wide edge you can really beat the heck out of with a hammer.
Date published: 2019-06-26
Rated 2 out of 5 by kepcon from Be Careful. More of a hazard than a benefit. This particular chisel is probably the most dangerous hand tool I own. I purchased it because I needed an all-purpose framing chisel and this one was reasonably priced. I keep my all-purpose framing chisel in my apron and mostly use it for prying, scraping and gouging out misc. wood. I don't keep it particularly sharp on purpose. The problem I found with this chisel is mainly the sharpened side edge. You cannot go blindly grabbing it out of your apron. I cut my knuckle almost to the bone just getting it out of the packaging. After that, I took it out and purposely dulled the side edge of the chisel. If your working in a shop or don't have to carry it around with you it may be okay. I think this is a product that should have been left on the drawing board.
Date published: 2018-08-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ray from indestructable the quality of this chisel is outstanding just a light honing and its ready to work
Date published: 2012-06-03